·You (and any other person aged 18 and older residing at the same address) may only win once every 30 days on one of our 3 Astral Media Radio Stations (102.9 K-Lite, FUNNY820 and Oldies 1150); winning on one station precludes you from winning on another for 30 days in any daily contest held on-air or on-line. Exempted are special limited time contesting where rules indicate otherwise.
· We are open Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
· Prizes for pick up must be claimed within 30 days of winning. If you cannot make it to the Radio Station in the 30 day time frame, please notify the receptionist and arrangements will be made to hold the prize for up to an additional 2 weeks. No prizes will be mailed.
· All prizewinners must show Photo ID listing the winner’s current address in order to pick up prizes. In the event no photo identification can be made available the winner must produce at least two pieces of government issued identification listing the winner’s current address in order to claim their prizes.
· All winners must pick up their prizing in person with valid ID. Prizes cannot be exchanged. Prizes are not for resale. Prizes are as awarded and are non-transferable. No one can win two of the same prize regardless of timing.
· Grand prize winners that enter a contest via qualifying or through ballot entry are chosen by random draw.
· If an event (concert, movie screening, show etc.) is cancelled, Astral Media is not responsible for substituting a prize, or refunding any costs incurred by prizewinner. No compensation will be offered and no tickets exchanged for events that are rescheduled.
· Winners will be required to sign a waiver agreeing to all rules and regulations related to their prize before accepting the prize.
· Astral Media reserves the right to reclaim/refuse a prize if all terms and conditions as written are not accepted.
· Astral Media reserves the right to terminate or withdraw a contest at any time, for any reason whatsoever and without prior notice.
· For all contests that involve entry through our website, we will only accept one entry per person unless otherwise stipulated in additional contest rules specific to a particular contest.
· Winners must be Ontario residents 18 years of age or older.
· Rules subject to change without notice and remaining binding.
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to contests brought to you by Astral Radio (owners of Oldies 1150 CKOC, 102.9 K-LiteFM and FUNNY820 (820CHAM)) which are administered live on-air on its radio stations across Canada unless there are specific contest rules for a particular contest (the “Contest”). Please note that certain contests promoted on Astral Radio’s radio stations may be brought to you by Astral Radio in conjunction with another sponsor or by a sponsor other than Astral Radio.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Astral Radio runs many live on-air Contests throughout the year on its radio stations across Canada. For these Contests, the Contest Period, duration and timing will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest or via rules posted on-line or made available at the reception desk during regular business hours.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Unless otherwise specified, a contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario, who are at least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Contest Period unless otherwise noted by the on air host. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of Astral Radio (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside, and previous prize winners (including anyone from winner’s household) who have won a prize in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another Contest on the same radio station.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter for a chance to win a Contest, follow the instructions given by the on-air host to find out how to enter and win a prize while listening to one of Astral Radio’s radio stations. You will be required to call in to the Astral Radio station running that particular contest at the time and follow the instructions of the on-air host or a Astral Radio employee or representative that answers the phone. There are many types of Contests and ways to enter which include one of the following:
a) listening and identifying a song, sound, answering a trivia question or other type of contest where you must provide a correct answer;
b) calling a radio station to qualify for a grand prize, followed by a random draw to select a winner;
c) calling a radio station at the time specified by the on-air host or as the 9th caller or as specified by the on-air host to win a prize;
d) checking one of our radio station websites and entering a contest via email
e) entering via direct text message sent to the Astral Radio station direct SMS texting code
In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) complete, sign and return a Astral Radio form declaration and release prepared by Astral Radio before being declared a winner and before a prize will be released; and (iii) correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical time-limited skill testing question set out in the Astral Radio form declaration and release. At the time of entering a contest a potential winner must reveal their true identity; any attempt to offer fraudulent misrepresentation of their name, identity or place of residence will immediately disqualify a person from winning regardless of the time the misrepresentation is discovered.
If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of other eligible entries received for a particular Contest and any criteria mentioned by the on-air host or by a Astral Radio employee.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter an Astral Radio radio station Contest.
5. PRIZES: There are various prizes available to be won which will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest. The prize may include one of the following: movie passes, CD’s, DVD’s, concert and event tickets, theme park passes (such as for Canada’s Wonderful, the CNE etc.), restaurant gift certificates, gift certificates for certain retail stores and gift baskets. Only one prize per household. The approximate retail value of a prize can vary and is available upon request at the time of the particular contest. If you are a declared winner, you must pick up your prize at the radio station that administered the Contest within thirty (30) days of being declared a winner unless otherwise instructed. Potential winners will be required to furnish proof of identification such as a driver’s license or social security numbers.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering a Contest, you consent to Astral Radio’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
7. THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST JUDGES ARE FINAL. In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a Astral Radio employee regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
8. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Astral Radio reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Astral Radio Contests.
9. Astral Radio assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers.”
10. Astral Radio reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Astral Radio reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by Astral Radio and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
11. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases Astral Radio, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in a Contest or the use of any prize.
12. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
13. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
Acceptance of Rules and Regulations
· By entering our contests, each entrant agrees to and is deemed to have accepted all terms, conditions, rules and regulations as written herein.
· All winners consent to the use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, and audio recording for publicity purposes in all media by Astral Media, its partners, their agencies and affiliates.
· All winners must answer a skill-testing question and sign a receipt/release form for proof of pick up.